At Total SDR Therapy, two key physios are always involved with each case, one physio takes the lead and the other supports. This enables our therapist’s to offer continuity to families for any annual or sick leave and also allows for some doubling up during sessions. We also find that it is another way to foster variety during pre-hab and re-hab sessions.
During both the pre-habilitation and rehabilitation stage Total SDR therapy work hard to include as many positive factors to ensure a good experience for all who use their service.
- Timings to suit busy family lives
- Flexibility in the location of appointments
- Fun sessions based around play
- Strength and repetition at the heart of input whilst still being mindful about establishing good patterns of movement.
- Establishing good communication with other health care professionals and the families.
- Ensuring continuity with therapists and building a rapport with the families
- Offering a large range of ideas/resources/equipment to prevent boredom during sessions
- The ability to film for monitoring progress and also for sending to medical teams involved if required.
We are able to offer regular sessions six days a week and also intensive blocks of therapy if required at any time. We find this works well if we are pushing hard towards a very specific goal, if things have plateaued or if we are working on something new or with a new piece of equipment. It is also a service that we can offer to families visiting from outside the area.